[PD-dev] Fwd: [PD] who is using [entry]?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 14 17:02:23 CET 2007

On Nov 14, 2007, at 3:12 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> I think that the commas and semi-colons are escaped, so they can be
>> sent around via the Pd message system and survive AFAIK.  So [text]
>> would probably work well for writing in queries by hand.
>
> Wouldn't this also mean, that [text/entry] couldn't be used for
> writing lists of messages with unescaped commas?

Right, not directly.  This hopefully will allow people to do things
like write SQL queries in [text] or have a chat app that allows all
punctuation.

Since each key typed outputs a [key ( messages from the right status
outlet, it would be possible to make an object which would let you
create messages separated by commas, if you wanted.

----

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.    -
David Zicarelli