[PD-dev] No float method in external causes crash was: Re: Connecting up an SQL Database to PD

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 22:58:20 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 13:13 -0600, Mike McGonagle wrote:
> What I meant was it crashes when you have no float method defined at
> all. And I thought that the 'anything' would catch it too, but it
> didn't on my machine, it crashed. Maybe it is just my machine, or
> system.
>
> What system are you using?

I'm on a macbook pro dual boot Ubuntu Gutsy/ Mac OS X 10.4. An external
built using the following code doesn't cause a crash in either OS, PD
0.39-3-extended or 0.40-3 vanilla:

#include "m_pd.h"

static t_class *nomethods_class;

typedef struct _nomethods
{
    t_object x_obj;
} t_nomethods;

static void *nomethods_new(t_symbol *s, t_int argc, t_atom *argv)
{
    t_nomethods *x = (t_nomethods *)pd_new(nomethods_class);

    return (x);
}

void nomethods_setup(void)
{
    nomethods_class = class_new(gensym("nomethods"),
(t_newmethod)nomethods_new,0, sizeof(t_nomethods), 0, 0);

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk