[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1836221 ] [patch] fix CFLAGS and LDFLAGS for Darwin

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 22 05:16:31 CET 2007

Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by russellbryant
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=1836221&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: bugfix

Initial Comment:
When I went to compile pd on my powerbook, I noticed that "-arch i386 -arch ppc" were both being added to the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS.  I noticed when I got a bunch of linker errors.

I patched configure.in to check to see if the target architecture is powerpc or not, and to set arch in the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS accordingly.

I'm not sure if this was done this way in regards to making universal binaries, but I just know that it didn't work for me, and this fixed it.  :)