[PD-dev] Shell and long-term instability

B. Bogart bbogart at goto10.org
Mon Nov 26 23:16:41 CET 2007

Hey all,

I realized that [shell] seems to be doing some strange things, once I
have removed it from my PD the patch runs much better now. I realized
this due to a very high chance that a crash would happen just after a
shell command is issued.

Has anyone else seen this? I would not cause it a crash per-se, but I
can say that oprofile says that no-vmlinux is using 97% CPU, and both PD
and X are stalled.

I don't have time to investigate further now, but I'm wondering if other
people have seen stability issues with shell on linux for long-term
installations?

Thanks all.

FYI I'm back to my 480000 item message... things going ok so far... ;)

.b.