[PD-dev] auto-build-common.local

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Nov 28 18:24:54 CET 2007

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> FYI:  ${SCRIPT_DIR} is never set to anything in your new changes to
>> auto-build-common, so that auto-build-common.local will never be
>> found unless it is in "/".
>>

> this is of course bad.
> but why?
>
> as i read the code:
> the autobuild-script sources ${SCRIPT_DIR}/auto-build-common
> (therefore i assume that ${SCRIPT_DIR} is set)
> ${SCRIPT_DIR}/auto-build-common sources
> ${SCRIPT_DIR}/auto-build-common.local
> since we are still in the original autobuild-script (we are only
> sourcing both auto-build-common and auto-build-common.local)
> ${SCRIPT_DIR} should be defined everywhere.
>
> unless i did a typo, of course.

after re-checking i see my assumptions confirmed (theoretically):
all autobuild-script do source $SCRIPT_DIR/auto-build-common
there should not be a difference between $SCRIPT_DIR and ${SCRIPT_DIR}.

after testing with a slightly modified version of
scripts/auto-build/pd-extended-auto-builder.sh (that waits after all the
sourceing stuff instead of running the build), i can confirm practically
that the sourcing of auto-build-common.local works as intended.

what again was the problem?

fmadsr.
IOhannes