[PD-dev] cygwin build (was:Re: [PD] pdlua compiling on mac)

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Thu Nov 29 15:11:18 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> If you want to build Pd and externals with Cygwin, you'll have to add
> some stuff to the build system.  No one has done it before.  Pd-extended
> is built with MinGW/msys on Windows.

I've built pd and some externals with mingw, it needs makefile.mingw for
pd, but it would be nice if the main makefile would do the job...
Anyway, I'm more interested about using cygwin for some reasons, it's
easy to install it and all dependances, and we can use Qt/X11 inside....

 > On Nov 28, 2007, at 7:20 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:

 >> makefile.dependencies
 >> d_osc.c:39:2: #error No byte order defined
 >> d_array.c:527:2: #error No byte order defined
 >> make: *** [makefile.dependencies] Erreur 1

I've just added #include <sys/param.h> into d-osc.c and d_array.c to
resolve this because this is where BYTE_ORDER is defined.

Now I get another error, API_DEFSTRING from s_main.c:359 isn't declared,
  I could find out how to resolve this and juste removed the variable to
go further... and got another error: statbuf isn't declared as well.

It seems that the build system misses something like "#ifdef CYGWIN"
somewhere, but I couldn't figure out what to do with it.