[PD-dev] compile pd with cygwin

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Fri Nov 30 00:13:11 CET 2007

I've found some hints in here:

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-cvs/2004-10/001658.html

and it resolves many problems (Thanks to Thomas Grill), why those
modifications have been removed?

  I've built many modules but compilation has stopped with an error on
s_midi.c, there are indefined references to "sys_putmidibyte" and other
stuff from s_stuff.h, why s_stuff.h isn't included?

Here is the begining of s_midi.c I've modified:

#include "m_pd.h"
#include "s_stuff.h"
#include "m_imp.h"
#if defined(UNISTD) || defined (_CYGWIN_)
#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/time.h>
#ifdef HAVE_BSTRING_H
#include <bstring.h>
#endif
#endif
#ifdef MSW
#include <winsock.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/timeb.h>
#include <wtypes.h>
#endif
#include <string.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <signal.h>

----snip----

and here is the begining of the successfully compiled s_file.c I've also
modified:

#include "m_pd.h"
#include "s_stuff.h"
#include <string.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <errno.h>
#if defined(UNIX) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#endif
#ifdef MSW
#include <windows.h>
#include <tchar.h>
#endif

int sys_defeatrt;
t_symbol *sys_flags = &s_;
void sys_doflags( void);

#if defined(UNIX) || defined(__CYGWIN__)

static char *sys_prefbuf;

  ---snip---

Thanks for any hint.