[PD-dev] SQLite for PD v0.0

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 30 21:13:29 CET 2007

Works for me after I compiled it as a universal binary.  I attached
the makefile to compile it as universal.  I have one question about
the interface, the [sqlite -open( style messages seem strange.  Since
you are sending them directly to the [sqlite] object, the "sqlite"
part seems redundant, and the preceding "-" isn't very Pd-like.  How
about:

[open $1(
[close(
[tagged 1(
[tagged 0(

I don't quite see the need for the "endsql" and "submitsql" tags at
the end of a message.  Is there ever a time that you would write
stuff after "endsql" that has a specific meaning?  Otherwise, it
seems like there should just be the selector "sql" at the front of
the message.

Also, I am assuming that "sqla" means something like "append".  How
about emulating the [textfile] syntax so it feels more Pd-ish.
Something like:

[add insert into mine (name) values ('jacob') (
[add insert into mine (name) values ('fred') (
[submit(

and

[submit insert into mine (name) values ('the_text') (

Looks good overall, keep up the good work!  I think this will be
quite useful, and should be easy to build on all platforms and
include in Pd-extended.

.hc

On Nov 29, 2007, at 1:35 PM, Mike McGonagle wrote:

> http://puredata.info/Members/mjmogo/
>
> Done, check it out at the above link.
>
> Mike
>

> On Nov 27, 2007 11:50 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>
> What's the address for the ftp server?  You could also post it on
> puredata.info, just make an account.
>
> .hc
>
> On Nov 27, 2007, at 1:14 PM, Mike McGonagle wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Ok, I got some preliminary things to test. As far as I can tell,
>> everything works using the message input method. There are still
>> some issues to resolve for the 'text' widget entry method.
>>
>> As it still contains the Amagamated version of SQLite, the archive
>> that I have is about 800K. I posted the stuff on an FTP server.
>> The login info is...
>>

>> User: fsr
>> Password: puredata
>>
>> There is a darwin external for PPC in the archive. You don't need
>> to have a database, as the test program will allow you to create
>> one, and add a table, and some data.
>>

>> Mike
>>

>> --
>> Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires
>> everything we have, every quality, every strength, every dream,
>> every high ideal.
>> —Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician

> ------
>
> There is no way to peace, peace is the way.       - A.J. Muste
>

> --
> Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires
> everything we have, every quality, every strength, every dream,
> every high ideal.
> —Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician

----

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom