[PD-dev] compile pd with cygwin

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 30 21:18:23 CET 2007

That stuff wasn't removed from Pd, but instead never made it into
Miller's sources.  If you get this running smoothly, then I think it
is likely to be included by Miller.  The big thing to do would be to
make the ./configure && make work on Cygwin, then we'll have a
unified build system on all platforms.

One tip, when posting changes to code, you should post a "diff -uw",
otherwise it's hard to tell what you have changed.  I don't think
anyone here has s_midi.c memorized, but I could be wrong ;).

Post the errors that you were getting before adding s_stuff.h and
that will be easier to troubleshoot.

.hc

On Nov 29, 2007, at 6:13 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:

> I've found some hints in here:
>
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-cvs/2004-10/001658.html
>
> and it resolves many problems (Thanks to Thomas Grill), why those
> modifications have been removed?
>
>  I've built many modules but compilation has stopped with an error
> on s_midi.c, there are indefined references to "sys_putmidibyte"
> and other stuff from s_stuff.h, why s_stuff.h isn't included?
>
> Here is the begining of s_midi.c I've modified:
>
> #include "m_pd.h"
> #include "s_stuff.h"
> #include "m_imp.h"
> #if defined(UNISTD) || defined (_CYGWIN_)
> #include <unistd.h>
> #include <sys/time.h>
> #ifdef HAVE_BSTRING_H
> #include <bstring.h>
> #endif
> #endif
> #ifdef MSW
> #include <winsock.h>
> #include <sys/types.h>
> #include <sys/timeb.h>
> #include <wtypes.h>
> #endif
> #include <string.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <signal.h>
>
> ----snip----
>
> and here is the begining of the successfully compiled s_file.c I've
> also modified:
>
> #include "m_pd.h"
> #include "s_stuff.h"
> #include <string.h>
> #include <stdlib.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <errno.h>
> #if defined(UNIX) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
> #include <sys/types.h>
> #include <sys/stat.h>
> #include <sys/types.h>
> #include <sys/stat.h>
> #include <fcntl.h>
> #include <unistd.h>
> #endif
> #ifdef MSW
> #include <windows.h>
> #include <tchar.h>
> #endif
>
> int sys_defeatrt;
> t_symbol *sys_flags = &s_;
> void sys_doflags( void);
>
> #if defined(UNIX) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
>
> static char *sys_prefbuf;
>
>  ---snip---
>
> Thanks for any hint.

----

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom