[PD-dev] compile pd with cygwin

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 1 16:47:06 CET 2007

Patrice Colet wrote:
> Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>
>> That stuff wasn't removed from Pd, but instead never made it into
>> Miller's sources.  If you get this running smoothly, then I think it is
>> likely to be included by Miller.  The big thing to do would be to make
>> the ./configure && make work on Cygwin, then we'll have a unified build
>> system on all platforms.
>>
>> One tip, when posting changes to code, you should post a "diff -uw",
>> otherwise it's hard to tell what you have changed.  I don't think anyone
>> here has s_midi.c memorized, but I could be wrong ;).
>>
>> Post the errors that you were getting before adding s_stuff.h and that
>> will be easier to troubleshoot.
>>

>   Okay, let's start with these diff (I might have reversed the new and
> the old file, sorry for that, also I'll make separated diff files when
> make will run smoothly) and after that, there is my last error message
> (I didn't go further because s_inter.c seems linked to s_midi.c by the
> sys_close_midi() function, and I don't get how to deal with it) :
>
> $ diff -uw d_osc.c d_osc.c.old
> --- d_osc.c     2007-12-01 06:02:38.218750000 +0100
> +++ d_osc.c.old 2007-01-19 07:37:56.000000000 +0100

Yes that's a backwards diff...

> s_inter.o: dans la fonction << sys_bail >>:
> /home/pat/pdextended/pd-extended/pd-extended/pd/src/s_inter.c:1276:
> r'ef'erence
> ind'efinie vers << _sys_close_midi >>

sys_close_midi has several incarnations but you must choose one. The MSW
version uses portmidi, so if you can build portmidi then use s_midi_pm.c
by specifying it in the makefile.
> s_file.o: dans la fonction << sys_loadpreferences >>:
> /home/pat/pdextended/pd-extended/pd-extended/pd/src/s_file.c:292:
> r'ef'erence in
> d'efinie vers << _sys_initloadpreferences >>

sys_initloadpreferences in s_file.c also has a version for each
platform. The MSW version looks in the registry for preferences but the
unix version just uses the .pdsettings preferences file. I would go for
the unix version because I dislike the opaqueness of the registry.

Martin