[PD-dev] request for access to cvs as pd developer

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Dec 1 22:14:25 CET 2007

Sorry about that, that was indeed long enough.  I just added you
(reakin) as a developer. Welcome!

.hc

On Dec 1, 2007, at 3:56 PM, Rich E wrote:

> Cmon lazy consensus...
>
> On Nov 6, 2007 11:21 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>
> Now that's a real intro, thanks. :)   Now for the lazy consensus...
>
> .hc
>
> On Nov 5, 2007, at 5:44 PM, Rich E wrote:
>
>> lets see if i can ask correctly this time...
>>
>> I'd like to be added as a pd developer so I can commit externals
>> and patches I have been using.  These mainly include:
>> - [sdiflists] - an external for reading sdif files
>> - [SDIF-1TRC] - a patch for buffering SDIF 1TRC files (sinusoidal
>> tracks, usually retreived from Spear or Loris) in Pd's data
>> structures, as well as a rough way to visualize the data.
>> - [oscbank~] - an external for synthesizing sinusoidal tracks
>> using an oscillator bank.
>>
>> The use of sinusoidal models has produces some amazing sounds for
>> me, it would be great to see if others can find useful ways of
>> manipulating the data (I also have some patches that manipulate
>> short SDIF files, which I call 'Trax', that are still quite buggy,
>> but can produce amazing sounds that are very realistic).
>>
>> I would also like to help Hans with the organization of Pd-
>> extended; hence the discussion on getting the dollar sign patch
>> into pd-extended auto-builds.
>>
>> About my history with Pd, I was introduced to it while at UCSD in
>> the music department.  I took several classes in developing audio
>> plug-ins, which started with pd externals.  I soon began using pd
>> for live performances because, as everyone here knows, it gives
>> you great freedom when manipulating sound.  I've spent the last 4
>> years or so learning to operate linux, program in C/C++/pd, and
>> using these systems to create electronic music (the last part
>> seems to get the least amount of attention so far).
>>
>> regards,
>> rich

> ------
>
> "It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means
> we don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
> Environmentalism", by Curtis White

----

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said,
hobbling away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out
another pink-collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf