[PD-dev] compile pd with cygwin

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Dec 2 00:43:43 CET 2007

On Dec 1, 2007, at 6:00 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:

> Miller Puckette a écrit :
>> Is it known whether WIN32 will be automatically defined in 64-bit
>> code on MS Windows?
>>
>> cheers
>
>   Hello,
>
>   here is a kind of answer from MS:

> apparently using _WIN64 would even be better, if I'm not mistaken.

It says:

  "_WIN32 	A 32-bit platform. This value is also defined by the 64-
bit compiler for backward compatibility."

Also, it's key to point out that the standard macro is NOT "WIN32",
but rather "_WIN32". For whatever reason, the leading underscore is
needed.  Some compilers define WIN32 also, but it's not guaranteed.
_WIN32 is the one that is defined everywhere (MSVC, MinGW, Cygwin,
Borland, ICC).

----

You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you can
hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie