[PD-dev] compile pd with cygwin

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Mon Dec 3 14:14:15 CET 2007

IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> Also, it's key to point out that the standard macro is NOT "WIN32",
>> but rather "_WIN32". For whatever reason, the leading underscore is
>> needed.
>
> the leading underscore denotes that this define is "private" by the
> preprocessor, and thus should NOT be defined manually by the user.
>
> Some compilers define WIN32 also, but it's not guaranteed.
>
> the reverse as above: since preprocessors automatically define names
> _with_ leading underscores, they "should rather not" define names
> without leading underscores.
>

>> _WIN32 is the one that is defined everywhere (MSVC, MinGW, Cygwin,
>> Borland, ICC).
>

> apart from that, i think it would be ok to use MSW (or any other
> self-defined word) if the _WIN32, WIN32 and __WIN32 magic is handled in
> a centralized way (e.g. m_pd.h)
>
> fmga.sdr
> IOhannes

Hello, I'm on the last stages of building, it's a matter just of
resolving pdtcl.dll enigma, changing some code for ignoring watchdog,
and linking wsock32 (I hope it's just that) to pdsend & pdreceive,
and I guess it's almost done...
  Also I've replaced MSW with _WIN32 in source files, but maybe it was
not necessary because with the -mno-cygwin flag the compiler reconize
MSW as well.
Patko