[PD-dev] No rule to make target `/usr/include/stdlib.h'

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Dec 3 18:07:56 CET 2007

So this error is driving me mad:

make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/include/stdlib.h', needed by
`g_canvas.o'.  Stop

On the MinGW builds on the WinXP auto-build server, this is what
happens when trying to build Pd.  I am totally baffled what is
causing it.  The makefile.mingw didn't change, so I am guessing it is
something in the environment.  But the thing is that I don't remember
changing anything on that machine for a long time, besides upgrading
Cygwin and Windows Updates.

This is what is stopping the nightly builds for Windows... anyone
have any insight?

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler