[PD-dev] compile pd with cygwin

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Dec 3 20:07:00 CET 2007

> pa and pm seems to be built :), but I'm stuck on this last error
> caused
> by stdio.h, cygwin provides mingw headers, and the _imp____iob
> stuff is
> into /usr/include/mingw/stdio.h:
>
> in /usr/include/mingw/stdio.h line 146
>
> #ifndef __DECLSPEC_SUPPORTED
>
> extern FILE (*_imp___iob)[];	/* A pointer to an array of FILE */
>
> #define _iob	(*_imp___iob)	/* An array of FILE */
>

> so I've included it like this:
>
> #ifdef __CYGWIN__
> #include <mingw/stdio.h>
> #else
> #include <stdio.h>
> #endif
>
> This code seems to work for other files (I've tried it on g_canvas.c),
> but only if I put, like a Sorcerer's Apprentice, _mingw.h into
> /usr/include. Well, mingw seems not well implemented in cygwin.

The mingw headers are meant to be included by using -I/usr/include/
mingw in CFLAGS, not using #include <mingw/stdio.h> in the source files.

----

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom