[PD-dev] No rule to make target `/usr/include/stdlib.h'

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Dec 4 02:36:33 CET 2007

On Dec 3, 2007, at 4:32 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/include/stdlib.h', needed by
>> `g_canvas.o'.  Stop
>
> Does /usr/include/stdlib.h exist?
>
> Whatever method you are using to generate the list of file
> dependencies for make
> is including /usr/include/stdlib.h as a dependency that g_canvas.c
> uses.  If the
> file exists, it should work just fine.
>
> By the way, what is the method that this Makefile is using to
> generate these
> dependencies?

That was it.  Why it worked like it was for years before, I'll never
know.  But I updated the depend target so that it uses
"makefile.dependencies" as a target.  This should make make update
that file when it needs it.

----

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne