[PD-dev] compile pd with cygwin

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Tue Dec 4 17:36:17 CET 2007

> > furthermore, having _WIN32 defined on w64 is an _ugly_ hack on
> > micro$oft's side, there is no need to support that.
> > MSW (if it is kept) could/should be defined for both w32 and w64, and it
> > should be automatically defined (that is: not within the makefile but
> > within a central place, like m_pd.h)
> >
> > mfga.sdr
> > IOhannes

but how could m_pd.h determine its platform without help from the makefile?
Especially since there seems to be no guarantee about future presence of
macros like _WIN32?

I personally would also prefer to avoid using __linux__ and other such
"dark" defines in favor of having the build system take care of figuring the
platform out.  Unfortunately, I haven't been consistent myself about this
(grep #if *.c | fgrep __ | wc returns 40).

cheers
Miller