[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1842833 ] ggee/makefile.sub cleanup and documentation

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 4 23:32:50 CET 2007

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by russellbryant
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=1842833&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: externals
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I went looking around through externals.  Specifically, I was interested in looking at [streamin~]/[streamout~].  I was also interested in how the externals were being built.

So, while looking at how these externals were built, I made some significant changes to this Makefile.

Changes:

ggee/signal/Makefile:

  - Simply add the -f option to rm to avoid errors being sent to the console when files don't exist to get removed.

ggee/makefile.sub:

  - Added comments to sections of the Makefile to describe what they are for

  - Centralized the handling of CFLAGS and LDFLAGS to one spot so it is clear what is platform specific.

  - Re-work the compilation and linking targets so that they use the new handling of the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS.