[PD-dev] compile pd with cygwin (almost!)

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Wed Dec 5 12:57:22 CET 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> AFAIK, the watchdog isn't used on Windows anyhow, so I wouldn't worry
> about it.

I believed that pd-watchdog is existing on windows, and is called
pd.com, they are both related with PID. I've renamed it to watchdog just
for everytime I've asked mysself, "what is this watchdog, what is this
pd.com?"

> AFAIK, I think the MinGW and Cygwin sections in will have some
> differences.

If you want to duplicate code, like with portaudio and portmidi, but in
both configure.in and makefile.in let it be. I'm very far from being an
expert, but for me it doesn't look very nice. For the moment I've a very
light definition of a 'good' code, sometimes it's better when it is
duplicated, sometimes we should rather make modules. In all case I
really would like to know for sure what would be the best choice before
writing the definitive code.

> least -mno-cygwin is not used in MinGW.

using CYGFLAG would just avoid to duplicate everything for mingw.

also when using g++, -mno-cygwin flag have to be placed differently,
something like " -o <XXXX> -mno-cygwin" .