[PD-dev] Troubleshooting suggestions

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 21:47:21 CET 2007

Ok, I have posted the latest version of the SQLite external to
http://puredata.info/Members/mjmogo
It will be the second one on the list. It is version 0.13 just so you know.

I also attached the library stuff that I have been working on. Once you get
that stuff up (and you did ask for code...), you can load up the patch under
the testing folder in Orbit2. Once you do that, you will need to open up the
attractors4.db file. Select the popup to the left, and choose 'all'. From
here, select 'latoocarfian' for the attractor (the popup just to the right).
Once you have done that, select the popup underneath, and choose one of the
instances (i1, i2, etc).

This is where you will try to open the Attractor-GUI abstraction, and then
the [pd load-attractor-instance] subpatch. This should open without any
troubles. When you open up this window, you will notice the connection
between the 'sql' message box going into the [sqlite] external has been
disconnected. This branch is NOT the offending branch. The one that is
causing troubles is on the other branch of the first [t b b] at the top.

Any help in pointing to what I could do to troubleshoot this would be
earth-shattering in learning more about PD. And thanks for your help so far.

Mike

(PS, anyone who compiles this on any other platform other than Mac OS X, if
you could forward the makefile you used, I can incorporate it into the main
makefile.)