[PD-dev] CVS to SVN ?

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Tue Dec 18 04:41:58 CET 2007

Greetings,

I really don't intend to start a SCM war here, but has the discussion of
switching to using svn on sourceforge instead of cvs ever come up before?

Instead of rambling on about reasons why I think svn would be nicer than cvs, I
am curious if people have any reasons _not_ to switch.

The amount that it would increase my happiness when working with the pure-data
repository is enough that I would volunteer to put forth the leg work to do the
conversion, and to write a quick guide for developers with commit access, if
people were interested and willing to let me do it.  :)  I help admin a fairly
large svn server (svn.digium.com and svncommunity.digium.com), and I found the
following guide for doing the conversion for a sourceforge project.  It looks
fairly easy to do ...

https://sourceforge.net/docs/E09

--
Russell Bryant