[PD-dev] CVS to SVN ?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Dec 18 12:22:24 CET 2007

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> i volunteered to do the work.
> after fruitless discussions, i decided to not push the switch any more.
> (though i still would like to work with subversion)
>
> the main counter-argument against svn was, that everything that cannot
> be done with CVS was considered as "experimental" and "should not be
> used", in which case i don't see a reason to do the work.

I think, the main obstactle always was that people were suggesting
other alternatives than SVN to switch to from CVS, then the
discussions turned into one about the merits of the various RC-systems
and then the discussions always died off.

> i am currently thinking of starting an svn-repository in parallel to the
> CVS-repository (both at sourceforge) and whoever wants to move over
> should just do it, and leave a notice in the CVS, that the content has
> moved.

This may be the only way that could work for us in practice.

Ciao