[PD-dev] CVS to SVN ?

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Wed Dec 19 13:29:52 CET 2007

Hello,

Ok, I would be pleased if someone of the admins either can start this or
give me admins rights, Volunteers ;-)

Here a rollup of the old thread with following rough consens of previous
debattes I would implement:

a) we start a parallel svn-tree.

with at least a two folder:

 externals
 pd

where externals and pd come in.

b) Every "main-in-charge-projectleader/group" of a project  can move their
project to svn, either to ask someone to do so or doing himself.

c) structure:

We should use the external basefolder for all externals.
But the naming and subtree can be changed and grouping to developing groups
for future delegation options.

(I recommend to put the trunk, tags, branches as subfolder of
projects rather then have a very long list of versions
for each external, subexternal or else in one directory. )

"Each project should have their a trunk,branches,tags"

eg.:

pd/[trunk|branches|tags]
externals/[some external name]/[trunk|branches|tags]

eg:
 externals/iem/comport/[trunk|branches|tags
 externals/iem/iemmatrix/[trunk|branches|tags
 externals/zexy/[trunk|branches|tags
 externals/grill/[newlib]/[trunk|branches|tags

pd/[trunk|branches|tags]
externals/[some external name]/[trunk|branches|tags]

eg:
 externals/iem/comport/[trunk|branches|tags
 externals/iem/iemmatrix/[trunk|branches|tags
 externals/zexy/[trunk|branches|tags
 externals/grill/[newlib]/[trunk|branches|tags
.

mfg winfried ritsch

Am Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2007 17:45:02 schrieb Russell Bryant:
> Miller Puckette wrote:
> > Yeah, start the tree, I'll be happy to move pd 'head' right on over :)
>
> Well, that sounds like a pretty official green light to me!
>
> Also, just in case someone wanted to use git to manage their personal
> development, there appears to be pretty good git/svn support.  ;)  You
> should be able to easily use git to manage code locally, with bidirectional
> access to the upstream svn repository.
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-svn.html
>
> --
> Russell Bryant

- ao.Univ.Prof. DI Winfried Ritsch
- ritsch at iem.at - http://iem.at/ritsch
- Institut fuer Elektronische Musik und Akustik
- University of Music and Dramatic Art Graz
- Tel. ++43-316-389-3510 (3170) Fax ++43-316-389-3171
- PGP-ID 69617A69 (see keyserver http://wwwkeys.eu.gpg.net/)