[PD-dev] oscillator lib

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sat Dec 22 20:52:35 CET 2007

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 14:25:04 -0500
"Stephen Sinclair" <radarsat1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way, don't forget that there are good band-limited
> implementations of a bunch of waveforms in STK / Chuck that you can
> totally "borrow".
> The most recent version was published with an actual license that
> makes it more clearly useable in other projects.
>
> Steve

Perrys stuff?

It would be nice to have these for sure. With synthesis very subtle variation
in the generators can really change things, so because they have a "sound
of their own" it would be good to have these tagged with their own prefix

either stk"oscname" or
or     pc"oscname"     (pc = Perry Cook")

I'm all for a huge and diverse collection of oscillators in Pd, but to
make the groundwork to avoid name-space clashes or 'my synths don't
sound right because the wrong oscillator got used' .... I guess this is
the importance of this discussion.

Andy

Use the source