[PD-dev] pdpedia bugs [was: Re: [ pure-data-Bugs-1856583 ] Thumbnail creation is not working]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Dec 23 11:47:16 CET 2007

Hallo,

> On Dec 22, 2007, at 1:33 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >
> >SourceForge.net hat gesagt: // SourceForge.net wrote:
> >
> >>Bugs item #1856583, was opened at 2007-12-22 13:17
> >>Category: pdpedia
> >
> >Should we deal with pdpedia bugs at Sourceforge? Personally I'm
> >against it.
>
> As one of the main users of the bug tracker, I am strongly in favor
> of it.  We have a bug tracker, why use another?  And what harm does
> it do to use that bug tracker for pdpedia bugs?

Before asking for reasons why pdpedia bugs should not be on
Sourceforge, I think, giving reasons on why they *should* be there
would be appropriate.

So far the SF tracker has been used for bugs in Pd and extensions,
i.e. in software, including the software's documentation.

pdpedia is a project separate from the developer's repository. It has
it's own website, so bugs could be dealt with using a pdpedia bug wiki
page. We also don't track bugs on pd.info with SF, we don't track
mailing list issues there etc. I think, mixing developer oriented bugs
with bugs in remote websites doesn't help with keeping track and a
clear view of software/doc bugs. (No, and I don't think, that the
fact, that pdpedia contains texts about Pd automatically qualifies it
to use the SF tracker. Wikipedia bugs don't belong to the Linux bug
tracker neither.)

Of course that is just my view. I am very able to accept the views of
others and I won't veto against pd.info, pdpedia, pd-list etc. bugs,
but changes like that *must be discussed* here first, not just decided
by one person alone.

Ciao