[PD-dev] o profiling PD

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Sat Dec 29 05:10:52 CET 2007

try getting ti to compile with "-pg" and then running "gprof" (see
the 'man' page).  You can get ./configure to add the -pg flag using
the CFLAGS and LFLAGS environment variables (there might be other ways
too.)  But then, somehow you have to get the profiling version of pd
in the same directory as non-profiling versions of pd-gui and pd-watchdog
(as appropriate) because otherwise they'll all try to write to the same
"gmon.out" file.

good luck...