[PD-dev] CVS to SVN ?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jan 2 11:52:08 CET 2008

hi

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> As for using svn:externals for reorganizing build systems, that seems
> to just be creating more work for each custom distro.  I think this

i don't know.

what i do know is, that in _our_ custom distro, i have to explicitely
"cvs checkout" the needed externals. this seems more cumbersome than
using "svn:externals".
additionally, i patch the build-systems of the externals in order to
fit. i think this is more tiresome than not patching it.

as for pd-extended it obviously would be more work in the migration, as
the current build-system is organized around this single distro.

so i cannot really follow your argument here.

m,fgard
IOhannes