[PD-dev] CVS to SVN ?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 3 09:39:56 CET 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2008, at 2:52 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>

> svn co pure-data
> cd pure-data/packages/darwin_app
> ./configure --disable-all-externals  --enable-zexy --enable-iemmatrix
> make && make package
>
> And voila, you have your custom distro.  For a different platform,
> you would do this:

ah, i think we do not agree on what a "custom distro" means.
it seems like for you, a custom distro is a (possibly stripped) flavour
of the full pd-extended distro.
for me, a custom distro is (e.g.), a pd-application that needs several
externals and comes with all these externals.

please let's not go into the "why don't you use pd-extended then"
discussion again.

> As for requiring the "packages" section, there is no reason why it is
> that why it is that way beside that is the way that it currently
> works.  I think that all of this stuff probably should be included in
> pd/src/configure.in.

please never ever.
put it into cvsroot/pure-data/configure.in, but leave out pd/src/ and
the kernel-configuration.

fgmasdr.
IOhannes