[PD-dev] snprintf vs. sprintf_s?

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jan 16 19:26:06 CET 2008

Quoting Russell Bryant <russell at russellbryant.net>:

> Yeah, that sounds like a better check than the custom MSW define.
>
> If you wanted to take it a step further, it would be pretty trivial to add a
> check for snprintf to the configure script.  That way, when building
>  Pd for .Net
>   or whatever (which I assume uses some other build system), the appropriate
> HAVE_SNPRINTF define will not be present.

the only problem with that i see is, that when building with .NET you
usually do not do configure (once you have installed all the
(gnu)tools to be able to run configure, you probably will want to use
gcc instead of the .NET compiler)

one solution (which i use and which i don't really like) to this is to
have a non-generated configMSW.h.

btw, is there a way to specify at compile-time which file to include?
something like:

#define CONFIG_H_FILE "config.h"

#ifdef CONFIG_H_FILE
# include CONFIG_H_FILE
#endif

(this won't work, but is there something similar?)

fgmasd.r
IOhannes