[PD-dev] pd-extended loadlib request

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jan 16 19:34:01 CET 2008

Quoting Russell Bryant <russell at russellbryant.net>:

> I was just thinking I would
> stick my many-objects-per-file libraries in their own directory and
> use autoload to load them all.

but when you are using many-objects-per-file libs (like i do, btw),
then you usually only have the need to load a few libraries, so the
use of the autoloader is not that big.

> Anyway, it was sort of a quick thing.  I wasn't sure if it would end
>  up making
> sense and being useful, so that's why I brought it up.  But it was my first
> attempt at making something a little easier than installing symlinks
>  per-object
> or using -lib to load larger libs with multiple objects in them ...

you can also use [library] to load larger object libs, or [declare]

what might be more useful than the "-autoload" thing is to accept
wildcards in the libraries.

e.g. "-lib iem*" would load iemlib1, iemlib2, iem_mp3, iem_t3,
iemmatrix and whatelse (but then: how do you only load the "iem*"
library :-))

if you have added "/tmp/mylibs" to your path and only want to load ALL
the libs in ./extra, you would probably have to do something weird
like "-lib ../extra/*"
(but probably i am thinking to complicated know) - it's easier if you
do it the other way round "-lib /tmp/mylibs/*"

now it is me who is thinking aloud.

mfg.asdr
IOhannes