[PD-dev] o profiling PD OR How big are your patches?

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Jan 18 00:17:25 CET 2008

Thanks Miller,

I've finally gotten to this again as my "baseline" cpu gets worse as
soon as I try and add anything to my patch.

I've been unable to coerce (pd.39-2) to create a gmon.out file. I've
tried adding -g -pg to CFLAGS as an environment variable, I've tried
adding them to CFLAGS in the makefile (after configure). no gmon.out
file is created, in any directory on the system. I tried it without the
-g also. I've tried adding the flag to CFLAGS and to OPT_CFLAGS. info
says my binary is not striped, but says nothing about gprof. Perhaps
things are not working on pd-0.39? If anyone has any other pointers, who
has been able to "gprof" PD, please drop me a line.

Onto the second part of this message, am I having troubles because my
patches are too big?

Due to lots of deep nesting and many instances its hard to guess how
many "objs" there are in my system, somewhere between 25,000 and 27,000
objects.

How big are your patches?? Am I just insane, and this damn project
should not be working at all?

Thanks,
B. Bogart