[PD-dev] Fork problem in os x 10.5.1?

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 18:43:38 CET 2008

I've been running Pd 0.40-0 with GEM but no audio on 10.5 for a little while
and not seen this problem.

The solution provided at the bottom of the Apple page seems pretty
unobtrusive although I don't know if Pd is truly a daemon or not.  I would
think it is a user launched application, but Apple has some funny ideas
about these things.

OT: That webpage has scripts that launch terminal processes to load man
pages.  Is that a really bad idea?