[PD-dev] pd-extended loadlib request

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jan 23 16:37:40 CET 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> I think iemmatrix needs some work, since it has a number of aliases,
> and aliases currently aren't supported.  I am a little hesitant to

what is the problem with aliases?
somebody (georg) has created an alias folder some time ago for iemmatrix.
i have even updated the build-system of iemmatrix to build objects
within this folder (no fear, i did this just now)

which other work is needed for iemmatrix?

> add everything single library under the sound to load by default
> since if those libraries change or are removed, names might
> instantiate different objects, then mayhem ensues.

how is this not the case when dealing with one-object-per-file libraries
which are all loaded by default?
afaik, pd-extended per default does load every single lib under the sound.

> What's wrong with adding [declare]/[import] to the patch?  Or [tof/
> blahblah]?

i think [declare]/[import] is definitely the way to go, and no libraries
should be loaded by default.

fmgasdr.
IOhannes