[PD-dev] pd-extended loadlib request

Georg Holzmann grh at mur.at
Wed Jan 23 16:52:27 CET 2008

IOhannes m zmoelnig schrieb:
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> I think iemmatrix needs some work, since it has a number of aliases,
>> and aliases currently aren't supported.  I am a little hesitant to
>
> what is the problem with aliases?
> somebody (georg) has created an alias folder some time ago for iemmatrix.

Yes, at least when I made this alias folder iemmatrix it did work quite
well.
I also made aliases for iemlib and some more stuff from iem ... so I
don't see a problem ...
(I agree that maybe in future we should avoid aliases)

>> What's wrong with adding [declare]/[import] to the patch?  Or [tof/
>> blahblah]?
>
> i think [declare]/[import] is definitely the way to go, and no libraries
> should be loaded by default.

Also IMHO no library should be loaded by default.
If you program in C/Python/... also no libraries are included/imported
by default.

LG
Georg