[PD-dev] pd-extended loadlib request

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jan 23 22:50:25 CET 2008

Hallo,

> I think they were only added to Max/Pd as typing shortcuts, which is
> very weak argument in favor of them.  I am not saying we should
> remove them, but I think they should be avoided as a matter of
> convention.
>
> What other programming language has aliases?

It's not that uncommon if you think of operator overloading in C++ and
many other languages, or things like "from math import radians as rad"
in Python. Shortcuts can be a very strong argument, and especially in
a graphical language, [t a a a a a a] often is better than
[trigger anything anything anything anything anything anything]

Ciao