[PD-dev] ui development / desiredata?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jan 27 14:58:28 CET 2008

Damian Stewart wrote:
> hey,
>
> - i'd like to put a scrollbar on the path preferences, so more than 10
> lines can fit

in pd-0.41 you _can_ do more than 10 items; even though there is still
no scrollbar, which gives you trouble when having more lines than fit on
your screen (esp. with window-managers that do not allow you to move
windows where you cannot see the windowbar)

> i suppose what i'm really asking is - if i went ahead and spent a week
> fixing all the UI things that really bugged me, assuming my code wasn't
> really stupid or ugly or bad, what's the chances my changes would make it
> out into the world, and so be useful for people who aren't me?

make small atomic changes for each feature. (preferrably shrink the code)
submit them to the patchtracker at sourceforge.

i think that chances are not that bad to get them accepted.

gfamsdr.
IOhannes