[PD-dev] pd-extended loadlib request

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Jan 27 19:14:19 CET 2008

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Chris McCormick wrote:

> (Since when is [t a a a] an alias of a function anyway? It's two
> different types of alias - an objectclass and a type. I provided
> examples of both in my other post).

the first element of an objectbox is not a class name, it's a constructor
name, which usually coïncides with a class name, but not necessarily. A
constructor name is a selector in a special object known as [objectmaker].

therefore, class aliases and method aliases are the same thing in pd, to
the extent that people know and use that fact.

> Firstly, an index lookup is a function. Secondly, PHP has function aliases
> as described in my other post.

I don't understand Hans' argument.