[PD-dev] [PD] Problem in os x 10.5.1?

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Fri Feb 1 15:54:17 CET 2008

David Plans Casal wrote:
> I can't quite tell why it's complaining (since we -do- call execl),
> but of course there is a whole lot of sprintf going on between the
> two, so...

It's extremely unlikely that any of the string handling is the problem.
However, there are also a bunch of calls to stat() as well as a call to
seteuid() which are more likely.

> Any suggestions, anyone?

Try the attached patch to see if moving building the sys_guicmd to before the
fork fixes it.  If it doesn't, try commenting out the call to seteuid().
Between those two, you should be able to find out what it's complaining about.

On a sidenote, the string handling here is not safe.  It will crash if the path
to your home directory is a lot longer than usual ...

--
Russell Bryant