[PD-dev] DesireData

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 08:16:25 CET 2008

Hallo, I'd personally greatly appreciate it if DD was kept in the
pure-data project.  For my own eventual contribution to DD, it would
be far more convenient.

There's nothing in the SVN ethos that precludes multiple projects in
one repository; I believe it's in fact the recommended configuration.
It's simply a matter of organization.

As much as I support the use of SVN:externals as a handy tool, if
given the choice it's optimal to just have everything in the same
repository.  I have a web startup which most definitely has many
projects running concurrently in the same repository, as well as
externals definitions for tracking other projects (and internal
folders too), so I am speaking from experience in saying this.

Also, no one has to check out everything; often users will just check
out a certain subdirectory of the repository that they're interested
in.

Cheers
Luke