[PD-dev] DesireData

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Feb 7 21:38:02 CET 2008

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Since DD is a fork, I think it should not be a branch of Pd in the
> repository.  It can be in the same repository, I don't care either way
> about that.

Why are you becoming suddenly unconcerned with the commit-history and
pd-cvs mailing-list? This is not what you have told me last week.

There's not much of a difference between a branch and a non-branch in SVN,
so I don't mind so much about that, as long as SVN really handles the
renaming perfectly.

> I expected they would have wanted their own repository so that they can
> control it themselves without having to deal with the Pd overhead (adding
> devs, commit policy, etc).  But I guess not.

adding devs could be a reason in the future, if we have more people who
_regularly_ need to commit, but aren't accepted as devs in the pure-data
sf-project. For once-a-month would-be-committers, I don't mind doing it
for them, frankly.

I don't know what you mean about the "commit policy". What is that?