[PD-dev] 'svn move' candidates

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Feb 7 21:52:48 CET 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2008, at 2:43 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> Hey all,
>>> Now that IOhannes pulled off the SVN switch, (yay!), we have
>>> everything in the trunk.  I would like to propose some moves:
>>> trunk/Framestein    -->  trunk/externals/framestein
>>
>> i would even move this into tags/externals/Framestein (or /branches of
>> /discontinued)
>> Framestein has its own repository on sourceforge, and both the one in
>> puredata and it's own have not been updated for 4 years.
>
> How does /branches/discontinued work?  that sounds like a good choice
> for Framestein.

well, nothing special; it is a folder where discontinued projects can be
moved to, so they don't fill up the "trunk".
the folder could also be called "deprecated" (but this is so negative)

otoh, why bother creating an extra space for the few projects like that?
tagging/branching a discontinued project is probably enough
(in my original post there was a typo: it shout read "/branches or
/discontinued" (both relative to the svnroot) rather than "/branches of
/discontinued")

so Framestein should probably go into "/tags/externals/Framestein" and
be left there forever.

>>> trunk/supercollider -->  trunk/externals/supercollider
>>> trunk/xgui          -->  trunk/extensions/xgui
>>
>> i basically agree, though supercollider should probably go into the
>> "extensions" folder too.
>
> "extensions" was meant for GUI extensions like xgui and gripd.  AFAIK,
> "supercollider" is an external for interfacing to SuperCollider with Pd.

i did not know that "extensions" was GUI related...
anyhow, i thought (having never used it), the "supercollider" is more
like a framework to get sc3 and Pd work together nicely (with a Pd-part
and an sc3-part); but i've never used it, so i might be easily mistaken.

i think the key point of both of us is, that all 3 of them should be
moved out of "/trunk"

fgamdr.
IOhannes