[PD-dev] DesireData

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Feb 7 22:20:13 CET 2008

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> When looking at a file, say pd/src/s_file.c, then there are be dd-specific
> commits in the history, that's what I mean.

That's been mostly over for a while. Most changes in DesireData in the
past year were in merged files with a new name... for example, m_*.c
became a new file named kernel.c. Most d_*.c are now builtins_dsp.c, most
x_*.c are now builtins.c, etc. Just like desire.c was g_*.c since
mid-2005. Some files are still not renamed nor merged, mostly s_*.c.

> Many repositories have scripted commit policies that check all sorts of
> things before allowing a commit, things like it needs to compile, it needs
> not use deprecate libraries, etc. etc.

Well, neither the PureData nor the DesireData projects have that, and I
don't think I've ever heard such scripts being discussed on the pd-dev
mailing-list. So, why would it be an issue now?