[PD-dev] Protecting Pd-MAIN [was: Re: [PD] Problem in os x 10.5.1?]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Feb 10 23:58:48 CET 2008

Hallo,
David Plans Casal hat gesagt: // David Plans Casal wrote:

> Now that we have a nice clean SVN repo, can I just use svn diff and
> apply this patch myself?
>
> And if so, what's the appropriate branch? branches/pd? branches / pd /
> pd-0.40-3?

I'd say, that as we now have no ACL anymore, care should be taken when
working on the Pd sources itself. So far, Miller had his own section
that was read-only for others. I think, as the mechanism to protect
Miller's part is gone now, we need a policy instead how to achieve a
similar kind of protection, and we probably need it soon. My
suggestion would be to agree that only Miller commits to the "trunk"
of "pd" and to create some similarily protected area for Miller's
release branches.

Ciao