[PD-dev] Protecting Pd-MAIN [was: Re: [PD] Problem in os x 10.5.1?]

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Mon Feb 11 19:44:46 CET 2008

In the CVS days, my process was to test my latest source tree on the
three major platforms, then put the sources both on my website and in
the repository.  (for minor changes that didn't warrant a "test release"
number I'd just upload to CVS but not before verifying everything.)  So
both the repository and my site are essentially copies of what I had
last time everything worked.

I think that, in this model, it helps me more to have patches I
can apply locally than entire branches upstairs in CVS.

This does mean I should be as quick as I can to adopt urgent patches such
as Casals's.  I'm not always able to test and deal with patches immediately,
and am sometimes out of commission for weeks (for instance, while trying to
deal with font sizes I was out of sync with the uploaded code).  This time
around I hope to get this patch tested and uploaded within a couple of days,
depending on how long it takes me to figure out how to manage my internal
version headaches (already worknig on 0.42...)

cheers
Miller