[PD-dev] svn password

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Feb 13 17:14:25 CET 2008

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>>> How do I make a sf password work with svn ?
>> by entering it when you are asked for it.
>>> I did switch from "http://" to "https://" already. It was my first
>>> mistake.
>> why do you think this was a mistake.
>> this is the way it should be done.
>
> Woops, I wanted to say that my first mistake was to use "http://"
> instead of "https://". Chun also made the same mistake, which I quickly
> found for him, and then realised that I also had done the same for my
> main checkout. fortunately this can be fixed on an existing checkout
> using a sed+find kind of command.

some svn clients (e.g. kdesvn) have an option "relocate repository"
which will do this for you - but i guess internally these use find/sed
too...

>>> I'd like to understand my third mistake.
>> me too.
>> since both you and miller are having a hard time to do the first time
>> commit, i was already fearing that something does indeed not work,
>
> What's the difference between svn.puredata.info and
> pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net supposed to be?

oh, now i understand!

DO NOT USE svn.puredata.info!

this was just a quick way to demonstrate what the repository will look
like; it is not writeable at all.
sorry if this was unclear. i will remove svn.puredata.info to avoid
future confusion.

(in theory, one could also setup a redirect from svn.puredata.info to
pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net; however this might generate problems when
moving files around (due to the webdav frontend), so i won't do it)

fgmasdr,
IOhannes