[PD-dev] svn password

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Feb 13 17:21:06 CET 2008

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> some svn clients (e.g. kdesvn) have an option "relocate repository" which
> will do this for you - but i guess internally these use find/sed too...

Well, ideally they are supposed to use an XML parser and look for specific
properties... anything else is playing with fire. I know that I'm taking
chances by using plain sed.

> oh, now i understand!
> DO NOT USE svn.puredata.info!

I have already switched to pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net. I got a bit
confused with sed and what the paths should be, that I redid a checkout
instead, to be sure. I wanted to use sed, because I had already started to
use my existing checkout a bit.

I became able to commit a few minutes ago.

> (in theory, one could also setup a redirect from svn.puredata.info to
> pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net; however this might generate problems when
> moving files around (due to the webdav frontend), so i won't do it)

I don't understand...