[PD-dev] section in SVN for Windows sources

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Feb 14 23:47:51 CET 2008

For the Windows builds, I need a way to track all of the various
sources needed (One GNU/Linux and Mac OS X, this is done by the
package management systems thankfully).  There are a lot:

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/mingw

So I want to use SVN.  This has been discussed in the past, so now I
am mostly wondering how to make it fit into the SVN layout.  So it
probably makes sense to have this stuff not in "trunk" since it will
only ever be used on Windows, that's the first thing I thought of.
But I don't have a good sense of how to use SVN for this.  I am
reading this now:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s05.html

Here they recommend checking in the vendor code to "vendor", which
would be at the same level as "trunk".  Then copying that code into
"trunk".  Then we'd have a ton of vendor code for windows only in
trunk.  I am thinking something like having "sources" at the same
level as "trunk" for this.  Under "sources", there could be "mingw"
and "cygwin" if need be.  The import would still use the "vendor"
section, but the code would then be copied to "sources".  How does
that sound?

Perhaps it's possible to build the whole Pd-extended using Cygwin
sources, which means that there would be a package management
system.  Hmm... that would be nice...

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler