[PD-dev] pdmtl abstractions in trunk/abstractions

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Mar 4 18:21:20 CET 2008

patrick wrote:
> hi IOhannes,
>
>  > why not just use an external reference?
>
> we would like to include pdmtl abstractions in the auto-build. would it
> be possible with an external reference?

yes.
when doing a checkout, external references will appear to be part of the
repository, even though they are living on a different server.
in contrast to a read-only copy, you _can_ edit and commit changes to
the code, you will just need write-access on the upstream-server.
(look at it as a kind of advanced ACL :-))

fgmadsr,.
IOhannes