[PD-dev] profiling the Tcl<->Pd connection

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Mar 6 23:26:00 CET 2008

Now that I have discovered this bytecode caching feature, I am
curious if the changes I made have made any performance differences.
Also, matju mentioned that the bytecode caching probably works better
if reusing procs, so it could make sense to have sys_vgui calls use
Tcl procs, so that the bytecode gets reused.

I was also thinking that perhaps sys_vgui communications could use
Tcl_Obj references instead of sending whole lines of Tcl, but that
might get overly complicated.

----

                                               http://at.or.at/hans/