[PD-dev] profiling the Tcl<->Pd connection

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Mar 7 01:09:26 CET 2008

If Tcl_Obj references were sent via sys_vgui instead of Tcl code, I
think you could reduce the network traffic down to like 10% of what
it is now.  Plus, using Tcl_Obj, each chunk of Tcl code would only be
compiled once per run (the bytecode is stored as part of the
Tcl_Obj).  It's not going to change the world, but I think it would
be noticeable.

.hc